Maple Bourbon Candied Pecans
These pecans should come with an addictive warning. They are perfectly sweet, savory, crunchy and satisfying. They're simply delicious and an easy finger food to prepare that will leave your party guests wanting more. (This was tested and true. Our party guests requested to take some home the other night so we had party guests leaving happily with pecan goodie bags!)
2 cups pecans
1 Tbsp Bourbon
3 Tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cayenne (optional if you don't like spice or more if you like it super spicy! It only had a little hint of spice with 1/4 tsp so I think the brave could use a little more.)
1/4 tsp salt
pinch of nutmeg
How to make
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Add all ingredients except for the pecans in a medium size bowl. Mix well.
3. Add the pecans to the bowl and mix well.
4. On a parchment lined baking sheet, spread out the pecans evenly.
5. Sprinkle just a little touch of salt over pecans. (You could also add a little more maple, cinnamon or spice at this point, if there are particular flavors you love.)
6. Bake for 15 minutes, tossing/turning the pecans halfway in between baking to ensure even baking.
7. Remove from oven and let cool. They'll get crispy as they cool.
8. Try not to eat them all at once! They make cute gifts. Package them in mini mason jars and tie on a red ribbon. Your friends and family will appreciate the love you put into them.