Updated: Sep 8, 2021
Looking for a last minute gift? Receiving and unwrapping a gift is always fun, but nothing feels better than receiving a gift that gives back. This year, Ricky gifted me a donation made to Farm of the Free, a new farm sanctuary in Georgia that is doing really awesome things for animals. They're small now, with only about 25 animals, but want to grow. The only way they can grow is through donations and volunteer help. Since I haven't been able to get there much to volunteer, donating is the next best thing. Receiving this gift warmed my heart, knowing that it was money well spent to help them save more animals. Check them out here as well as ten other organizations below that are doing great things for people, animals and the planet.
Greenpeace: Greenpeace is a global, independent campaigning organization that uses peaceful protest and creative communication to expose global environmental problems and promote solutions that are essential to a green and peaceful future. Read more about what Greenpeace is doing here and donate here.
2. Full Circle Farm Sanctuary: Home to over 200 rescued farm animals, Full Circle Farm Sanctuary is a little over one hour south of Atlanta and not only rescues farm animals, but also holds classes and tours that educate people about cruelty free living. Make sure to say hello to adorable blind goat Dougie or adorable alpaca, Demetrius if you visit. Donate here and stay up to date with their happenings on Facebook.
3. Rainforest Action Network: Their tag is "Fighting for People and the Planet." Rainforest Action Network preserves forests, protects the climate and upholds human rights by challenging corporate power and systemic injustice through frontline partnerships and strategic campaigns. Read more about their important work and donate here.
5. Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine: The Physicians Committee is dedicated to saving and improving human and animal lives through plant-based diets and ethical and effective scientific research. They educate consumers on improving health, advocate for ethical research practices and are active in making positive plant-based changes in the community. Donate here.
6. Ocean Conservancy: Our ocean faces many threats like trash, overfishing and ocean acidification. Ocean Conservancy is developing innovative solutions to save our oceans and their marine life. Take action here and donate here.
7. Food Empowerment Project: Food Empowerment Project seeks to create a more just and sustainable world by recognizing the power of one’s food choices. "We encourage healthy food choices that reflect a more compassionate society by spotlighting the abuse of animals on farms, the depletion of natural resources, unfair working conditions for produce workers, and the unavailability of healthy foods in low-income areas." Donate here.
8. Best Friends Animal Society: 4,100 healthy pets die in the United States every day simply because there is no shelter space. One way we can help is by adopting our next pet, but if adoption isn't feasible for you right now, you can donate to Best Friends and support their mission to Save Them All by 2025. Read more about their work and donate here.
9. Animal League Defense Fund: The Animal Legal Defense Fund files high-impact lawsuits to protect animals from harm, provides free legal assistance and training to prosecutors in their fight against animal cruelty, supports animal protection legislation, and provides resources and opportunities to law students and professionals to advance the field of animal law. Donate here.
10. Animal Hope and Wellness: This group was instrumental in helping California animals who were victims of the Camp Fire. "What makes us different from other rescues is that the animals we take in are not only shelter animals or strays. They are animals that have been beaten, kicked, shot, run over, used for gang initiations and have been waiting for the day that someone would come to save them." Follow them on Instagram and donate here.